After you create multiple entities, you can define the relationship between two entities. While defining the relationship, you can make one entity as a child entity of another entity. You can define the relationship between two entities as follows:
To define the relationship:
- On the vDesigner dashboard, locate the left navigation pane.
- In the left navigation pane, click Modules, and the navigation pane expands.
- Under Modules, click Entity & Relationship, and the Entity & Relationship dialog box opens.
- In the Entity & Relationship dialog box, click the Relationship tab, the Entity & Relationship dialog box displays the following fields (boxes):
- Parent Entity
- Child Entity
- Associated Attr Array
- In these fields, enter/select values as follows:
|Parent Entity||Click this list, it displays the currently existing entities. In the list, select the entity (For example: – POD) that you want to make as a parent entity.|
|Child Entity||Click this list, it also displays the currently existing entities. In the list, select the entity (For example: – DUMMY) that you want to make as a child entity.|
|Relation||In this box, enter the following value: |
This value specifies the one-to-many relationship between parent and the child entity.
|Associated Attr Array||In this box, enter the hardcoded value as follows: $.POD.DUMMY |
This hardcoded expression specifies that the DUMMY array type JSON object has been defined as a child object under POD entity.
- After you enter/select the value in the respective box/list, click Save, and the parent-child relationship between two entities is successfully defined.