When this task executes, it performs the data validation on the element based on the validation logic. The validation logic is defined in the comfiguration settings of the respective element. You can also configure the data validation task for those elements on which the user action is mandatory or regex-driven.
Steps to Configure
- On the Event Configuration page, find the Task panel.
- In the Task panel, search and find the Data Validation task.
- Drag the Data Validation task from the Task panel to the Execution panel.
- Under Data Validation, configure differene properties as follows:
|Reference Name||In this box, enter the name of the task. Also, the system generates a reference name by default that you can change.||Yes|
|Validate Element (s)||In this box, you can select the elements on which you want to perform the data validation. To select the element:|
1. In the Validate Elements box, click the application tree icon (), and the right pane displays the application tree.
2. In the application tree, select the element on which you want to configure the data validation task.
|Business Rule||This property allows you to build a business rule related to the execution of the task. If the user’s action satisfies the condition in the business rule, the Data Validation task is executed.|
To configure the business rule:
–> In the Business Rule box, click the application tree icon (), and the Business Rule panel opens.
–> In the Business Rule panel, click CreateNew to configure the new business rule.
- After you configure the related properties, click Save to configure the Data Validation task.