When this task executes, it deletes the entity from the application environment.
Steps to Configure
- On the Event Configuration page, find the Task panel.
- In the Task panel, search and find the Delete Entity task.
- Drag the Delete Entity task from the Task panel to the Execution panel.
- Under Delete Entity, a group of boxes appears.
- In the boxes, configure different properties as follows:
|Reference Name||In this box, enter the name of the task. Also, the system generates a reference name by default that you can change.||Yes|
|Select Entity||In this box, you can select the type of entity under which you want to delete a specific child entity. The application environment can consist of several pre-defined entities to manage a variety of business data. To select the entity type:|
1. In the Select Entity box, click the application tree icon (), and the Event Configuration page displays the Select Entity pane.
2. The Select Entity pane displays the tree of entity types.
3. In the tree, select the entity type (For example: – User Address).
4. After you select the entity, click Select, and the Select Entity box displays the selected entity.
|Enter Path||In this box, define the path of the entity. The “Delete Entity” task will access this path to delete the intended entity. |
For instance:- Suppose, you have a parent entity: Decoration and a child entity: Property.
To delete the parent entity, you need to define the name of the parent entity (Decoration) in the complete path. To delete the child entity, you need to define the name of parent entity that will refer to the child entity as follow:
|Business Rule(Optional Step)||In this box, you can configure a business rule to determine the execution of the Delete Entity task. If the user’s action satisfies the condition in the business rule, the Delete Entity task is executed.|
To configure the business rule:
–> In the Business Rule box, click the application tree icon (), and the Business Rule panel opens.
–> In the Business Rule panel, click CreateNew to configure the new business rule.
- After you configure the related properties, click Save to configure the Delete Entity task.
Was this article helpful?