When this task executes, it downloads a new installation build of the application from the configured source location. Thus, the end-user can install the new application’s build.
Steps to Configure
- On the Event Configuration page, find the Task panel.
- In the Task panel, search and find the Install App task.
- Drag the Install App task from the Task panel to the Execution panel.
- Under Install App, a group of boxes appears.
- In the boxes, configure different properties as follows:
|Reference Name||In this box, enter the name of the task. Also the system generates a reference name by default that you can change.||Yes|
|Enter App Name||In this box, define the source location from where the device downloads the build. You can define the source location as follows:|
–> In the Enter App Name box, enter the path that the device will access to download the new build of the application.
–> In the Enter App Name box, click the application tree icon (), and the right panel displays the App Name area.
–> In the App Name area, click the Source list and then select the data source (For example:- Data Store or Element Store) that stores the new version of the application’s build.
–> In the tree of the selected data source, select the path that stores the application’s new buid.
|Business Rule(Optional Step)||In this box, you can configure a business rule to determine the execution of the Install App task. If the user’s action satisfies the condition in the business rule, the Install App task is executed.|
To configure the business rule:
–> In the Business Rule box, click the application tree icon (), and the Business Rule panel opens.
–> In the Business Rule panel, click CreateNew to configure the new business rule.
- After you configure the related properties, click Save to configure the Install App task.
Was this article helpful?