When a user accesses a website, the server creates a session between the user and the application. The server maintains the session by assigning a unique session ID to it. This session ID manages user related data on the server or server-linked database.
When the “Clear Server Session” task is executed, it clears the session from the server.
To use the “Clear Server Session” task, you need to understand the following terminologies:
- Server Session:- When a user interacts with a website, the server creates a session between the user and the application. The server maintains the session with a unique session ID. By using the session ID, the server stores the session-related data in the database. The session-related data includes the user’s preferences, data created or manipulated as a result of the user’s action, and others.
- Public Page:- In an application, the public page is a page that a user can access without logging in to the application.
- Private Page:- In an application, the private page is a page that a user can only access by logging in to application. Without using the registered user name and password, the user cannot access the private page in the application.
Steps to Configure
- On the Event Configuration page, find the Task panel.
- In the Task panel, search and find the Clear Server Session task.
- Drag the Clear Server Session task from the Task panel to the Execution panel.
- Under Clear Server Session, a group of boxes appears:
- In the boxes, you can configure different properties as follows:
|Reference Name||In this box, enter the name of the task. Also, the system generates a reference name by default that you can change.||Yes|
|Business Rule(Optional Step)||In this box, you can configure a business rule to determine the execution of the Clear Server Session task. If the user’s action satisfies the condition in the business rule, the Clear Server Session task is executed.|
To configure the business rule:
–> In the Business Rule box, click the application tree icon (), and the Business Rule panel opens.
–> In the Business Rule panel, click CreateNew to configure the new business rule.
- After you configure the related properties, click Save to configure the Clear Server Session task.