When this task executes, it performs the following functions:
- It checks whether the end-user?s application version is an updated or old version.
- If the end-user?s application version is old, it displays the screen that the user can access to install the application’s updated version or,
- It takes the user to the screen where the user can install the application’s updated version.
Steps to Configure
- On the Event Configuration page, find the Task panel.
- In the Task panel, search and find the Update App task.
- Drag the Update App task from the Task panel to the Execution panel.
- Under the Update App, a group of boxes appears.
- In the boxes, configure different properties as follows:
|Reference Name||In this box, enter the name of the task. Also, the system generates a reference name by default that you can change.||Yes|
|Version||In this box, enter the JSON path that stores the latest version number of the application. When the Update App task executes, it accesses this JSON path and ensures that the end-user?s application version number matches the version number that is stored in the JSON path. If the end-user’s application version number does not match the latest version number, it asks the user to install the updated version of the application.||No|
|Platform||Click this list and then select any of the following operating systems on which the end-user can install the application’s new version:|
|Updated Source||Click this box and then define the source location that the end-user will access to install the application’s new version. You can define the source location as follows:|
–> Play Store:- Select this option to:
a. Make the new application version available in the Play Store.
b. Make the new application version available only for the Android platform.
–> App Store:- Select this option to:
a. Make the new application version available in the App Store.
b. Make the new application version available only for the IOS platform.
–> URL:- Select this option if you want the end user to access the updated application version at a URL-based location.
To configure URL:
–> Click the Updated Source list and then Select URL, the Update App tree displays the File Name box.
–> In the File Name box, enter the URL that the end-user can access to install the application’s new version.
|Updated Value||In this box, enter a unique name identifier (an alphabeticnumeric value). The current application’s version uses this name-identifier as a default name for the new application’s version when the user downloads it on the device.||No|
|Business Rule(Optional Step)||In this box, you can configure a business rule to determine the execution of the Update App task. If the user’s action satisfies the condition in the business rule, the Update App task is executed.|
To configure the business rule:
–> In the Business Rule box, click the application tree icon (), and the Business Rule panel opens.
–> In the Business Rule panel, click Create New to configure a new business rule.
- After you configure the related properties, click Save to configure the Update App task.
Was this article helpful?